Yacht Primer offers performance equal to its solvent-borne counterparts, in corrosion protection, film-build, and sandability. In addition, it is non-flammable and contains no highly-hazardous (HAPS) solvents or heavy metals.
SilverTip Yacht Primer can be applied by brush, roller, or spray. For spray application, HVLP equipment is recommended. Yacht Primer offers corrosion protection over aluminum or steel, but contains no heavy metals. When cured, it sands easily to a hard, smooth surface, to help give a high-performance topcoat, like WR-LPU, the best appearance.
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or sprayer.
- Use above or below the waterline.
- Performance equal to solvent-borne counterparts.
- Thins and cleans up with water.
- Low VOC formula requires no special handling or storage.
- Long 6 hour pot life.
- No sanding required before topcoat or bottom paint application.
- Easily sands for smoother topcoat appearance.
Click HERE for video
Click HERE for data sheet
For preparation and application instructions, read the System 3 Description & Application Guide
From "Building Jim Michalak's Ladybug" by Murray Stevens:
I bought System Three Yacht Primer after using the Ameron primer which I hated... This stuff mixed up nicely, covered well, had a good pot life and was easy to maintain a wet edge with, resulting in smooth uniform coats. It also cleans up with water which was a total treat. Expensive….but worth it in my opinion.